7.23.2009

till death do us apart.

Ngeri ga seh? Well, no Im not getting married anytime soon kok but I know lots of people will get married soon and it scared me a bit. Temen2 sekolah, i mean, high school friends are spreading the wedding invitations, not the sweet seventeen party invitations, suddenly we just grew up like that, huh?

I love weddings, always love weddings but as a reflection, it's the party, it's the wedding dress, it's how you organised the party, it's all about the excitement of the party, not the real point of a marriage. Love your life partner, in good times and bad times, in health and in sickness.
How can you decide to share your life with one person for the rest of your life ? How can you know that person is the one? What if that person would only give you sickness and bad times? what if that person can't afford your living cost? what if that person doesn't love you anymore? What if I'd be happier to live my parents instead of him? and there are more what ifs in my head?

People whom I talked about before, in such a young age, how can they decide something important like that? Most of us are still having the peak of life, having fun with friends, keep trying something new, exploring the world, enjoying the salary. I spent 18 year
s of my life at school and uni , spending most of my time studying and going to classes and just let them wasted 'cause I'll be a wife, staying at home and be a mom? hahahaha? a big no. I wanna have fun first, spending every penny on make ups, bags, shoes, clothings and travelling, it's a bit childlish i know, but deep down in their heart don't they want to do that as well as any other young adults? I deserve what I earn and I have every right to do anything with it.

For those who tied the knot at the very young age, please don't be offensed, I do respect your decisions. I'm just wondering how can you know it's the time to get married?


2 comments:

Arman said...

you will get the 'feeling' when you are ready and when you have found your other half. :)

pada saat itu, lu akan berasa kalo lu yakin bener dan mantap untuk menikah.

semua what if questions gak akan terjawab dengan pasti emang karena kita toh gak bisa liat the future, tapi lu gak akan takut lagi ama semua what if itu. karena lu akan punya keberanian dan keyakinan kalo lu ama pasangan lu akan bisa ngelewatin semua itu berdua! :)

Leony said...

Wen, memang nikah gak gampang, jauh banget dari gampang, banyak sekali tantangannya, sebelum maupun sesudah menikah. Buat aku, kesiapan menikah itu ditandai dengan kamu siap untuk merelakan hidupmu demi pasanganmu. It's what we called love. Love is the base of marriage. Makanya, jangan sampe menikah tanpa cinta :).