8.09.2010

beef rendang, cheese and wine

Hi all, I've been pretty busy with the choir practices and those sort of church events these couple of weeks, leaving me craved for homemade dinners and just sitting around my lazy chair in front of TV. Another thing that I've been craving this whole time other than an Iphone 4 is BEEF RENDANG, the one that one of the aunties at church once cooked for us. But then, too lazy to search around for the recipe and taadaaa my sister suddenly called me that she cooked rendang and yes at that time I promised my stomach to eat rendang ASAP. So, yeah I cooked it yesterday turned out to be really good and cook it again this afternoon and maybe tomorrow and the day after maybe ;p

Well oh well it also turned out that I put too much water on the pot so I made quite a lot of beef broth and I thought I had to make something out of it as well so I made the beef ball soup as well tonite :) While waiting for the soup to be cooked, I sat down and started munching the brie cheese and crackers and thinking of this could be better with the sparkling wine, so there I was having my favourite brie cheese and corn crackers with that superb sparking wine and I even had beef rendang for my dinner. It's a really nice chill out after not being able to relax at all after work for couple weeks.

No comments: