1.01.2011

When one dream dies, dream another dream

2010 was full of ups and downs for me, there are lots of love-hate relationships and bittersweet experiences with my job. I've seen many good-byes and welcomes to old and new friends in my life. It was a mixed experience for me, lots of questions and uncertainty but I realise that the most important things for me now are, I am surrounded by friends and family whom I love all the time and I have things that I need. I thank God for taking care of me that much.

As I always do, there will be a list of highlights of my life for 2010:

1. Went to Sydney twice this year. My weekend gateways.
2. Changed to 2 new work places, err I moved to a completely different occupation on April 2010, then moved to another company in July but still doing the same shit.
3. I live by my own financially, I've been through times where I only had steamed rice and fried eggs or dried anchovies for days to save up. Utility bills and insurance payments are my best enemies.
4. I bought an iPhone 4. I never turn back to any other brands.
5. I moved to a new house and got break in on the first night. A nice way to say hello to neighborhood.
6. I had my first business trip, the first time in my life staying in a hotel ALONE and got all my expenses paid by the company. I mean, all expenses.
7. ICYO. self explanation.
8. I play tennis.
9. I got my Master degree, fast track, and on time :) ~~ geez time flies.
(I still remember 2 years ago, arguing with Curtin student adviser to fast track my study because my visa will expire in 18 months and I didnt want to apply for another student visa, thank God it was a good decision)
10. I only bought 1 handbag and 2 new shoes (for work purposes) this year. I need to buy more next year ;p
11. I have a foster child, one small thing that I always want to do before I die.

I can say that I don't have any new year resolutions, I'm bad at doing it so I better just to let my life flow like it always has been. Though I have some things that I wanna get or do in 2011:

1. First thing is get a new and better job and career this year!
2. Be more thankful and be more closer to God. Though it sounds so subjective, but the point is I need to promise myself not to complain about my life and be less selfish. Think of others whose life is less fortunate than myself.
3. Buy a macbook. if I get a new job.

Happy 2011 all !

No comments: