2.11.2009

err, are you guys sister? you do look alike ..

That lamest question ever, was asked to me and dita when we were on our highest tense knowing that we got problems with our enrolment process. Rite, so here where it all began . . . . . .

On monday, we (obviously) skipped the (most and iritating and so early in the morning) orientation briefing for international students (which we attended a few years ago for our first years at uni) so we considered that was not a must for us (returning students). However, we went to the enrolment class at business school building where we usually enrol for the next sem. The old lady who found out we skipped the briefing, told us to RUN asap to get the (enrolment) appointment letter at the briefing building (which was about appx 2 kms away) while when we got there, all of them has gone and one of the volunteers told us to grab one of the orientation bags because that paper should be there. When we returned to the business building, we didn't find any appointment paper and that old lady who told us to run finally gave us that appointment letter. She had piles of appointment letters on her desk while, gosh, we were told to run to other side of uni to get that stupid letter.

So, my appointment time for enrolment was this afternoon and when I got there, handing out my letter to the old lady my appointment letter and my letter of offer. She shouted to me, " Hey, you look too young to do postgrad studies, however this is only for undergrad students dear, postgrad students must go to room 205". And I was only like, WTF??? she was angry with me the other day and seen my letter of offer and gave that stupid letter and now she only said that I was on the wrong place ? damnit that stupid arogant old person.

In short, because of that me and dita were blamed by another Singaporean old lady ( I'm not being racist here ) who spoke perfect singlish accent (which made me wanna laugh all the time) for being late to enrol and told the other staff indirectly that we are stupid students because we only didn't know where the postgrad student centre was. If that first old lady seen our letter of offer correctly and knowing that we're taking postgrad studies, she obviously would lead us to the right place. That's not our fault and the way that old singaporean old lady blamed us was unacceptable. Is that what Curtin considered as a good service ??

We were on that room for exactly 2,5 hours having the most tense situation ever with enrolling. I mean, come on I was a student there, I know how long an enrolment could be and the procedures. Oh well, but that " Are you guys sisters " question made our day better hahahaha ( try to imagine a skinny singaporean old lady with singlish accent), and we were just giving her the " what " reaction with our super duper stressed face. hahahaha.

1 comment:

Adi Indra said...

Hiyak ampun. Ini toh penyebab Wendy: "Keng you pas me the bek!"