6.13.2011

becoming me.

So, tomorrow is the day. No, nope, not that day, yet.

It's the day to trade my old car with a new one.

Getzy is my first "own" car, dad bought her second hand 3,5 years ago just right before I graduated from my uni and I'm totally getting sentimental over letting her go tomorrow. I grew up on her, learned how to park with her, got my Australian license with her, proudly took most of friends around with her, and the list keeps going on and on.

Then I sat back and had a really deep thought how 3,5 years just gone that fast.

I am now pondering on where my life is going. I've arrived in an empty road in my life where I have to realise that I haven't really accomplished most what I once set out to do. I will officially be in the mid twenties club next year and just to tell you the truth I am not making six figures in my current job and I am not working in a big multinational corporation. I must be mindful how I spend my money and figure out how to survive if I actually take home loan one day. I often ask myself when will my dream come true. Sometimes I get a little depressed then a little wave of sadness washes over me, I mean, I'm not completed soaked over but also not letting me fully dry out. Sometimes I feel like I have failed while fighting back the tears because I am afraid that my train had left a long time ago and won't be coming back for me.

But, I refuse to feel sorry for myself. I refuse to live in regret because even though I feel like having to take a detour in my life, I have met so many amazing people in my life who taught me so much and those memories will never disappear. I know I feel a little bit sad now but I am hoping so much that the best is yet to come in my life.

For now, I am still working on becoming who I am.

No comments: